OMG. We just experienced one of the biggest meltdowns of our 3 year old life today.....
So obviously I am speaking of Kalvin here. So here is how the evening rolled. Chloe got her bath in her tub, then when I got her dressed Kal helped himself and jumped in HER bathtub... lol... Well, I was planning on giving him a bath next anyway, so I got him out of the baby bath and got his bath started.... in the bath he was squirting me with a water gun, and I kept saying owww... so he tells me you dont have boo boo! I said I do, and showed him a cut I had on my finger, which prompted him to INSIST on getting me a bandaid! Then he was pretending to be a dog and give doggie kisses on my shoulder..... Anyway... when it was time to get out he jumps on out, runs out the door stark naked an no towel and starts acting goofy... runs back in the bathroom and shouts.... then runs out and keeps shouting and giggling after he shouts.... jumps ON the couch and jumps on the top of the couch. I told him to stop that because I didnt want him to fall and get hurt. Well.... he did it a few more times anyway.... then ALL of a sudden he started to cry... I mean total meltdown crying. Tears streaming.......
He tells me... MY HAIR SCARY! (his hair was sticking out everywhere still from his bath, and I guess he saw his shadow on the window curtains.....) I asked him if he was scared of the shadows and he said yes. I told him they were JUST SHADOWS that they were HIS and could not hurt him, but he just continued to wale and wale and wale.
I have NO idea how this came about..... but I kinda laughed at first..... (BAD MOMMY!) because it was kinda funny in a way.... but he just kept crying and crying even more so I gained my composure and tried to calm him..... Greg kinda didnt help either, he was playing madden at the time and kept yelling at him to stop crying and not to be scared but that didnt help! It was a mess.... then he said he wanted his hair cut..... wow it was something else... I really wish I knew what brought this on..............
I felt so bad that I stayed in this room tonight till he fell asleep......
No comments:
Post a Comment