Tonight has been one of those nights. When I talk struggles, its with the 3 yr old, not the baby. She is easy.
First of all... Bedtime started about a full hour after I wanted it to. 9pm. So... At 8 I gave Chloe a bottle and settled her to bed. Greg was watching Family Guy... (That's a whole other can of worms that I don't want to open tonight) and Kal wanted to watch with him. I decided I'd let Kal go till 9. Warned him at 845 and already the whines begin.
Finally I say let's go brush our teeth. Our current ritual is all 3 of us brush together. Here is where trouble starts. We can't find his superman cup, and while Kal and I search, daddy put the toothpaste on Kal's toothbrush. Kal freaks out and rubs the paste off... And the battle begins. Kal put the toothpaste on his brush (using too much) and tried to insist on doing daddys too (idk who did mine since there was so much commotion.. but it wasn't me) and daddy said No. And that's where the reeeaaallll drama began. Our bathroom is a hop away from the bedrooms. Kal whined, daddy yelled. Kal whined some more... Chloe wakes crying. Mommy is now mad.
Is the toothpaste on the brush battle worth all the screaming? If I were alone, I'd probably have let him do it. Is that bad? Am I not teaching proper dicipline by not telling him no? Or could Greg have let that one go? Maybe I let too many go? IDK...
I hate ending a night pissed off and frustrated. Blah....
No comments:
Post a Comment