Thursday, January 24, 2013

Blah

Getting ready for a 4 day trip home to Pittsburgh today... We are about 4 months into Gregs crappy night schedule...and as much as I am excited about this trip... I'm having another down in the dumps evening...

My house... Cluttered with toys... Way behind on folding and putting away laundry... Kids kept me from sleeping well last night... And just in general tend to feel more lonely without Greg here in the evenings than I do when he isn't here in the day... Trying to pack for the trip and get as caught up in housework as possible... While alone taking care of the three kids.... I know.. I'm blessed... I shouldn't complain.... I'm just sad... I don't know how much longer I can deal with this schedule. 

It isn't getting easier... Some days flow better than others... But overall my heart just hurts so much when he leaves at 330... When he is still lying in bed in the morning and our kids are yanking me out of the short sleep I've managed that night.  Some days I'm ready to explode.  Before, yes, I still had to get up early with the kids. I still had to make breakfasts... I had to make lunch for the kids and set them for nap (most days) I even had to do dinner most nights.  But I had that time to look forward to... Dinner was with the whole family. Not just me and 2 kids and a baby. Greg was here if I needed a hand with bath and bedtime.  Then after that we had time to watch our shows or.a movie together after the kids went to bed.
At Gregs holiday work party, I had to bite my tongue when his boss joked it was his fault Greg was working nights.... I wanted to scream... Well then get him out ASAP! Ugh. 
If this schedule continues till September 2013 I may blow a gasket first.  I don't care if other families go thru this same thing all the time.  I don't and never will understand the need for 7 am - 2 am shifts for what he does.  I know the excuse and yet still find it pointless..

Well I vented... Guess its back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment