Ok, so yesterday Greg had to work a "swing shift" from 1130-1030. Kal obviously was in bed before Greg got home. I have been putting pull-ups on Kal JUST for night since we started potty training but I am testing something and decided to take them away even at nights..... 430 I hear Kal crying so I think maybe he wet the bed. I get up, and he is dry... so I ask him if he has to go potty.... he said yes, but when we went we stood there for a good minute with nothing happening. He didn't really need to go, but he wouldn't leave till he squeezed out at least one drop... lol. Anyway, when that FINALLY happened, we went back to bed, but he just kept crying and saying he was "scared" and was pointing to his animal net above his bed and mumbling something I didnt understand. at 430 in the morning I am not so good to go... so this went on for a lil while till Greg finally came in and took over. All was good, but Kal got up soon after Greg came back to bed and we just let him sleep in bed with us for the night.
I notice he does this almost all the time when Daddy has the swing shift (its DONE for good now tho!) which has been every other Saturday for the past few months.... Anyway. I guess its just his routine is being messed with and that Kal didn't get his bedtime hug and kiss by big and bad monster killing daddy? lol.... anyway... on to the Potty Training part of this post.
Potty Training officially started with us in November. We went with the 3 day potty training method. I did not pay for her "ebook" but had a friend send me her info. Anyway, i followed it as best I could to what she said to do but altered it just a bit. Day 1 and 2 were FRUSTRATING! Not gonna lie. LOTS of wet undies, and the other kind too... (YUCK). But Day 3... just like she said, it was like something clicked inside of his mind. I may have changed a wet undie once, or twice that day at most. And the rest of the week got better, and better and better. It really works... I THINK. LOL
Here are the problems. Well he falls off the "wagon" some days and doesn't bother telling me he is walking around wet. Well, we have done a million things to get him to stop that. Well lately, he actually IS going to the potty again, but he is not making his queue on time, and is therefore a bit wet, but at least he is going to the bathroom again when this happens and telling me he needs new undies.
The other problem seems, well, once he goes ONCE, its like his bladder needs to empty every 15 min. Or at least, he ends up wet and running back to the potty a 2nd time 15 min after the 1st "accident". I am just wondering if he is not emptying his bladder completely the first time and doesn't realize it?
And so back to the beginning, and why, in the past I would have just comforted him and turned on his music and put him back to bed because he had a pull-up on, I had him go potty thinking night time training would also help the daytime problems? Of course, the above story about the 2 wet undies in 15 min part happened today... lol.
I can't really complain, because he is at least USING the potty, but I wonder what this "3 day potty lady" would say about it?
Lea, I can get you her contact info if you'd like to ask!!!
ReplyDeletemaybe... i would like to see if she has any advice.. i did take away the pull ups... we were out and i just said screw it, not buying anymore. he was dry 2 days straight but had an accident yesterday...
ReplyDelete