Sunday, March 13, 2011

BLASTED TECHNOLOGY!!!

So, we recently got a new laptop after Kalvin decided our other one needed a milk bath.....

We are now running Windows 7... yipee.  Well, we have an old desktop downstairs that is running Windows XP.  It has a HP photosmart printer connected to it.   Now, before I get into the nitty gritty let me say with the old laptop running Vista, I ALWAYS had problems setting up a home network.

So we get this new laptop, and I say, OK, lets at least make an attempt to set up the home network.  To my surprise, I go thru the steps, and BOOM 5 min later I am viewing shared folders and files from the desktop AND printing wirelessly from laptop to desktop.  NO problems AT ALL.  How weird.... especially given that technology is NEVER that nice to me.

Well, SPOKE TOO SOON.  We have had the laptop... what... one week? 2?  Thursday I used it to wirelessly print a document we needed for our taxes and it worked JUST fine.  Today I go to print some pictures..............

NOTHING.

So I look at the printer settings and the printer is "offline" according to the laptop.  I look at my network.  the Desktop NO LONGER IS AVAILABLE.   When I looked at the desktop, the printer is online and "shared" so the problem is with the laptop I am guessing but I dont get why............ SIGH.

Troubleshoot after troubleshoot and I STILL do not understand what could have gone wrong........ :/

Well.  I am gonna share the pics of all my lovely shower gifts on my blog, just for the fun of it.  I took pics of them and was gonna print them out just for a memory of all the gifts.... Id do it directly from the desktop but the damn thing is old and slow!!!
monkeys and giraffes!


my lil princess bedset! 
beautiful homemade blanket by Grandma Eleanor and burp cloths!
lots of cute sleepers and pack of onesies!
cute sleepers, diapers and wipes!
lots of cute girlie clothes and a big bro shirt for Kal!!!

a ton of baby stuff!  travel bed, travel chair, cozy for carseat, clothes galore and a memory calendar!
Adorable dresses, socks and a Kohls card!
more sleepers and onsies!  oh and more diapers!
monkeys, bath set, onsies and socks!
diapers, baby soap (the green is supposed to help when they have colds! ) a teether/brush! binky and gift card!

I have it all down who bought what, but didnt write it in here!

Oh well... gonna wrap this up and find food.  HUNGRY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment