Thursday, March 17, 2011

Embarassing and Slightly Gross confessions of a Pregnant woman.....

OK,

I am writing this blog this morning because I have had one major uncomfortable night last night.  It was far from my first uncomfortable night though.

Anyone that thinks pregnancy is only uncomfortable and painful during labor/delivery either never experienced pregnancy or is a man (kinda the same thing? lol)

Granted some women experience easier pregnancies than others, I don't think anyone breezed through it 100% without some sort of goofy ailment that kept them awake at night or was just plain uncomfortable.

Now let me start by saying  that I was kind of lucky in the "morning sickness" part of pregnancy for both pregnancies.  With Kalvin I barely even felt nauseous, and if I did, I would eat and the nauseousness was GONE.  With this little girl however, several foods sent me running to the bathroom to heave, but it was not a daily occurance.  With this pregnancy though, I couldnt even LOOK at a piece of chicken without feeling sick.   I didnt have a food like that with Kalvin.  By the second trimester, chicken was fine again and now I am eating like normal.

My main things are coming now, in the 3rd trimester.  I dont know what it is but I am more prone to corpral tunnel in my hands/arms, sciatic nerve pain, and all of that.  BUT... to the ailments that are slightly gross:

Hemorrhoids.  Anyone else have THESE issues? With Kalvin I had them at the 32 week mark.  It was soooo painful that I couldnt walk without pain or SIT without pain.  This pregnancy I was able to hold them off till I was about 37 weeks.  But I have them now.  They arent as bad as last time but still annoying.

The other thing is indigestion, gas pain, and just other digestion type issues.  Last night it was gas pain and my entire back just hurt from shoulder to hips.  The gross part is that I had to take a bath at 330am to relieve the pain.... well I guess the warm water also got my gas bubbles moving too.  From then on I was gassy the rest of the night.... But regardless it took about another hour before I fell asleep.

I dont know.  And now at 38 and 4 days, my stomach feels like I seriously have NO room for anything.  Its tight and hard and I feel like every organ inside of me is being squashed.  Is it because I am so petite?  Because I seriously only gained weight in my stomach?  Literally the only things that got bigger on my body are boobs and belly.  Every other part of me looks like pre-pregnant me.  Lucky maybe (but more so after birth), but also I think it makes every ailment worse.....

Needless to say, I am so read for this to be over!  10 days till the due date.  Will she come before?  And please don't come late!!! lol.....

1 comment:

  1. I didn't have hems until AFTER I give birth, and just with Declan. ( I think because he was so big- 9 lbs 7 oz) but I definitely couldn't go the bathroom without crying. I had similar gas pains with Archer's pregnancy late in the game as well. I bet a lot of your problems are multiplied since you are petite, like you said. I hope she comes soon!

    ReplyDelete