So today is the day. I am officially 40 weeks. I know technically they can let it go till 42, but I cannot help but HOPE and WISH it would just happen already!!!
I dont mean to sound rude to anyone with the "let it happen" advice, or the "enjoy this part while you can" advice..... but seriously, especially coming from someone that has no personal experience with this it can get really annoying.
Ive mentioned it before. I am physically uncomfortable. I am not sleeping well anyway. My sons sleep habits have gone off their rocker right now too. He suddenly is having constant bed wetting accidents that were few and far between when I first removed the pullups at night, and even when he is NOT wetting the bed he is waking up every hour or so crying. Not sure if he senses changes are coming or what....
Last night I woke up in a sweaty mess several times.... not sure why. Also I am one of those unfortunates that experienced hemorriods, and still have the issue now. Just going to the bathroom hurts. I am waddling like a penguin. I like penguins but I dont want to walk like one. Going back to sleep is almost an impossibility once I get woken up by either Kal, my bladder or some other odd thing....
I am tired of the "when you due, looks like you are about to pop" comments. Got it about 5 times at the mall yesterday.
I know when the baby comes she will likely wake me up needing fed or changed. Ive had a newborn before. Kal may get woken up too and I may have double trouble. I expect that. Kals behavior may change. I expect that too. I have plans on how I can include him in on the baby though, and I hope that he can learn quickly. In no way do I expect things to be a breeze once the baby arrives, but I would like my physical aspects to feel relief finally!!!!
Basically I know people have good intentions with their advice, but maybe they should think it through before saying it........
I dont mean to sound rude to anyone with the "let it happen" advice, or the "enjoy this part while you can" advice..... but seriously, especially coming from someone that has no personal experience with this it can get really annoying.
Ive mentioned it before. I am physically uncomfortable. I am not sleeping well anyway. My sons sleep habits have gone off their rocker right now too. He suddenly is having constant bed wetting accidents that were few and far between when I first removed the pullups at night, and even when he is NOT wetting the bed he is waking up every hour or so crying. Not sure if he senses changes are coming or what....
Last night I woke up in a sweaty mess several times.... not sure why. Also I am one of those unfortunates that experienced hemorriods, and still have the issue now. Just going to the bathroom hurts. I am waddling like a penguin. I like penguins but I dont want to walk like one. Going back to sleep is almost an impossibility once I get woken up by either Kal, my bladder or some other odd thing....
By the way he is walking much faster then I am lately... lol
I am tired of the "when you due, looks like you are about to pop" comments. Got it about 5 times at the mall yesterday.
I know when the baby comes she will likely wake me up needing fed or changed. Ive had a newborn before. Kal may get woken up too and I may have double trouble. I expect that. Kals behavior may change. I expect that too. I have plans on how I can include him in on the baby though, and I hope that he can learn quickly. In no way do I expect things to be a breeze once the baby arrives, but I would like my physical aspects to feel relief finally!!!!
Basically I know people have good intentions with their advice, but maybe they should think it through before saying it........
I love the belly!!! I see Kal sneaking into the second pic, too! Yeah, when you get to about 40 weeks, I stop with the "Just hang in there"/"Enjoy the time you have left", because I remember how READY I was, and I had a son, and I spent time with him, and I couldn't sleep anyway, I just wanted to have my baby already! I didn't even have the ailments you're experiencing..I don't blame you a bit. However, after some time passed, I missed being pregnant (I think it is nature's way to ensure the survival of the human race, surely we wouldn't put ourselves through this several times if we remembered all the crappy parts of pregnancy! lol) Rub that belly for me, I found myself missing mine after it was gone! (Now I'm gonna go look at my preggo pics! lol)
ReplyDeleteLea, I know you feel huge and uncomfortable and I totally agree with everything you just said about knowing what is coming but when you aren't sleeping much anyway, you may as well have a better reason than aches and pains and pee! Although, I adore you pregnant! That is the cutest big belly ever! You do look ready to pop though, don't hit me! I think it's because you are so petite that your belly looks so big in comparison. But you carry pregnancy well, you look just great. Now, the next picture you post better be an infant!
ReplyDeleteThere really isn't anything to say that can help, I know that. So I'll just remind you that you are supported and your feelings are COMPLETELY valid. I had an Oscar-worthy crying jag every single day, without exception, the last week or so before both of mine were born. I was so annoyed with the advice and the frustration of being uncomfortable and feeling like I couldn't control anything. I think it's great that you already have ideas about how to include Kalvin with the new baby. And yes, I have no doubt that he's somehow picking up on all the stress and changes that are coming! ((HUGS))
ReplyDelete